Fabric determines the style and subtle patterns truly complete a good garment. This was the thought process behind this small selection of shirting. Our trusted Japanese cotton supplier provided us with the right pattern to execute this batch. We always welcome DOTS, but done well. They have to be subtle enough to work nicely within the sifr product line without masking our attention to detail. The polka dots chosen were a tone on tone pattern. White dots on a white base, blue on blue and an always necessary shade of grey (the way we like it at sifr).
This fabric comes in three variations and three colors;
1) The Leisure Shirt with Triple Needle Seams in Long Sleeves
2) The Leisure Shirt with Triple Needle Seams in Short Sleeves
3) The Straight Hem Button Down Shirt
SGD $129 - $149. Available at K.I.N at PACT in very limited quantities.
Robinsons has just re-opened!
Not sure if some of you have been following their progress but they recently took over the Heeren building and have relaunched their store with a much-needed brand revamp. The store brings in a variety of foreign brands curated with purpose and flair.
Robinsons is now housing your favorite Sifr Essentials product as part of their well-stocked mens department on the 3rd Floor. We have started with a small SKU selection and will be ramping up our presence there.
The new Robinsons has been a pleasure to work with so far. They have been nothing but supportive towards Singaporean design businesses and we're looking forward to offering a much larger range to a whole new demographic there.
Go pay them a visit and tell em we sent you!
Thank you all for coming by to see us on Saturday at Percentile.
We thought we'd take a break this Monday morning but we wanted to recap the event. Sorry for the Iphone photos but those were all we could manage in the midst of all the chaos.
Firstly, Thank you to all who came down. It was a real pleasure to meet some of our customers who have now become our friends. Thank you for all the feedback on the product; what you dislike, what you truly appreciate and what you think we could do better on. We're not perfect and the only way we can head in that direction is to speak with some of you. We have recently embarked on a survey with some of our customers, friends and we will be doing our level best to address all of the feedback. We take your word pretty seriously so do expect some changes from us.
Amidst the chaos, I took some time to explain to some of you how we will be progressing in future so keep a look out for some exciting changes to come. See you at our store K.I.N at PACT at Orchard Central in the future.
We hope you enjoyed taking your Saturday out to meet with Daryl and myself (Suraj). We surpassed all of our expectations at this event and will be happy to see some of you out at the next event. It should be bigger the next time around.
Lastly, it was exciting to see some of you sport our clothing at the event itself. Glad to see how the t-shirts have truly become second skin to you. Glad to even see some of the ladies show us how menswear should be styled.
What we took away from the event (This may be applicable to some of you starting your own businesses in future):
1) Dialogue on a very regular basis with the people that make this work.
2) Being personal. Starting as customers to eventually becoming friends.
3) Staying focused on the task at hand - having fun but not forgetting about the business.
4) Assisting rather then selling. We spent the day providing info to customers as opposed to selling. The choice is always theirs to make.
5) Enhancing the greater community. Percentile was about the community and how we can enhance the Singaporean shopping experience.
6) Meeting new people is key. Always a pleasure to hear new stories, new business ideas and such. This helps to broaden our vision of the business.
Lastly, a picture of one of our most loyal customers with her little Rockstar...
Percentile is a union of brands and retailers that have come together to promote Singapore's retail scene.
2013 marks the second installment of this hugely successful sale and sifr is proud to be a part of it.
If you guys love a good sale (and we know you do), then don't miss this once-a-year event. Some of you guys may have visited our previous sale at our studio and you all must remember how crazy it got both times. Here's a few tips:
1) Be early. There will be a line outside.
2) Bring water, your shopping shoes and a whole lot of cash money.
3) There are bargains from a tonne of brands/retailers so be sure to allocate a lot of time for the event. Clear out the day!
4) Take note of the map at the entrance to navigate easily. If you need anything, come by to booth #4 and look for Suraj (he'll be there bright and early to help).
5) If you intend to Instagram the event, look for Percentile Singapore, and #percentilesg
16th of November, 12pm - 8pm, Cash Only, 10 of Singapore's best retailers!
Participants include the usual heavy-hitters in:
Lauren Jasmine / Eclecticism
See you Saturday afternoon!!